auteon is looking for a Lead Developer (m/f/d) who drives our technology vision and continuously aligns our architectural direction. In that role, you’ll be making some of the most significant decisions for the company.
We build our software using reliable tools that our team knows and trusts, including Google Cloud Platform, GitLab, Kubernetes, AWS, Productboard, NoSQL, and GraphQL. We’re a collaborative team who genuinely enjoys working together in a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, frontend developers, graph database specialists, marketing professionals and quality engineers to make auteon a better product. We are looking for a Lead Developer that understand that simplicity and scalability are aspects of a system to be carefully calculated with every decision made.
Some information about auteon:
- auteon strives to become Europe’s leading automotive aftermarket platform
- We are a well-funded early stage start-up with renowned investors, partners and advisory board
- As a technology driven SaaS start-up we aim to set new digital standards
- We are building a product that really adds value to our clients (car repair workshops)
- With app. 20.000 independent car repair workshops and a revenue of 20 Bn Euro (Germany only), we operate in a German core industry
auteon has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we are happy to be hearing from you!
What you should have
- 6+ years of software design, architecture and implementation experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience at a, technology driven start-up, agency, e commerce company or similar.
- Engineering experience in at least two of the following languages: Python, Java, Go, Node.js, C++
- Experience with ELK stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Familiarity with GitLab (CI/CD Pipelines, Container Registry, Kanban board)
- Willingness to work on the frontline, coding alongside your fellow developers
- MS in Computer Science / Software Engineering or related field
- English language proficiency, German is a plus
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll set the technology vision and architectural direction for your squad and execute towards our vision and agreed targets.
- You’ll work closely with the product team and embrace lean and agile product development practises and data-driven decision making
- You’ll focus on learning, applying, and extending best industry practices
- You’ll identify and resolve technical debt, quality issues and gaps in the engineering processes
- You’ll apply pragmatic solutions, find the right tradeoffs and seek to reduce complexity in order to help your team delivering and increasing leverage for the organisation
- You’ll swap these hats on a daily basis: Enterprise architect, SCRUM master, principal engineer, lead quality assurer, debugger, helpful Jack of all trades
- You’ll support your team members in their career development and personal growth
- You’ll support testing and deployment of new products and features
- You’ll manage roadmaps, tasks and deadlines and participate in code reviews
- You’ll represent auteon in public appearances, in front of the press, and at conferences
- Competitive salary, bonus and ESOP
- 30 days vacation per year
- MacBook Pro and your choice of other hardware
- Flexible working hours and home office days
- Company events and sponsored happy hours at our own underground bar
- Discounted membership card for nearby fitnessstudio
- Fresh fruits, sweets and Paulaner Spezi