auteon is looking for a Data Scientist (m/f/d) to work on and optimize our huge data sets. In that role, you’ll be levelling up your skills by learning from 10x colleagues.
We build our software using reliable tools that our team knows and trusts, including Google Cloud Platform, GitLab, Kubernetes, AWS, Productboard, NoSQL, and GraphQL. We’re a collaborative team who genuinely enjoys working together in a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, frontend developers, graph database specialists, marketing professionals and quality engineers to make auteon a better product. We are looking for developers that understand that simplicity and scalability are aspects of a system to be carefully calculated with every line committed.
Some information about auteon:
- auteon strives to become Europe’s leading automotive aftermarket platform
- We are a well-funded early stage start-up with renowned investors, partners and advisory board
- As a technology driven SaaS start-up we aim to set new digital standards
- We are building a product that really adds value to our clients (car repair workshops)
- With app. 20.000 independent car repair workshops and a revenue of 20 bn Euro (Germany only) we operate in a German core industry
auteon has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we are happy to be hearing from you!
What you should have
- 2 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent. Ideally (not required) in the fields of Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- Demonstrable programming experience with at least two of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala, R, Ruby, MATLAB, SQL
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with common DBMS (SQL, NoSQL), as well as distributed application platforms
- Experience using statistical computer languages to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Strong knowledge of statistical data analysis and machine learning techniques (e.g. SVM, regression, classification, clustering, time series, deep learning)
What you’ll be doing
- esign and develop a data science platform to manage data, train, evaluate, deploy models, make predictions, and monitor predictions.
- Lead development and implementation of scalable solutions.
- Handle challenges associated with investigating and understanding large datasets, and building models based on Big Data solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop data mining, machine learning, statistical and graph-based algorithms designed to analyze massive data sets for business insights.
- Competitive salary
- 30 days vacation per year
- MacBook Pro and your choice of other hardware
- Flexible working hours and home office days
- Company events and sponsored happy hours at our own underground bar
- Discounted membership card for nearby fitnessstudio
- Fresh fruits, sweets and Paulaner Spezi